Parker’s Legacy Denison EHC Hydraulic Pumps and Steam Turbine Applications / Support
Parker Hannifin provided a Denison branded hydraulic pump to GE for use on a variety of their electrohydraulic control systems used on steam turbines. This pump provided hydraulic power that was used to cycle actuators that open and closed steam valves. This pump was originally designed 70 years ago, and is no longer offered.
Parker and MFCP worked together to offer a replacement pump (PVplus) that is readily available, more easily repaired and serviced, and has some design benefits over the PV-09 pumps.
Key Takeaways for Users
- PV-09 Parker Denison pumps are obsolete, and OEM components are no longer available.
- Reworking existing pump parts is also becoming more difficult.
- Pump housings have reached the end of their usable life, and are no longer repairable
Parker’s PVplus axial piston pump offers:
- Modern design advantages
- Readily available replacement parts and ease of repair
- Pump / Motor interface is a simple bolt together process vs. the need for timely laser alignment
- Pump / Motor combination is isolated on a cushioning pad
- The response time is less than half that of the original pump
- Overall pump efficiency has been increased (volumetric and mechanical)
- The PVplus pump incorporates a hydrostatic saddle bearing / swashplate which replaces wear prone rollers and bearings (tested to over 50,000 hours or operation without failure!)
- Improved suction characteristics, especially key in higher altitude applications
- A separate cooling / filtered oil loop is used to cool the shaft bearings and seal, and the hydrostatic bearings.
- MFCP can also design and build completely new power units that reduce the overall footprint, incorporate more modern control features, and simplify maintenance needs.
Steve Westmoreland, Motion Flow Control Products
Senior Applications Engineer
Steve Westmoreland / email@example.com 303-378-1652
Kevin Lynk / firstname.lastname@example.org 720-218-2592
Chris Raschke / email@example.com 720-648-0133
Matt Lopezi / firstname.lastname@example.org 303-921-8161
About Parker Hannifin Corporation
Parker Hannifin is a global manufacturer of products used for a wide range of motion and control applications. Based in Cleveland, Ohio, and founded in 1917, Parker has grown into a Fortune 250 company with operations and distribution around the world.
Motion Flow Control Products (MFCP) has been solving hydraulic and pneumatic challenges for over 60 years. Many of our technology managers, engineers, and leaders previously worked for leading motion and flow product manufacturers like Parker Hannifin. MFCP’s commitment to customer service is deeply rooted in the six first-generation family businesses that came together to form MFCP, as is their expertise, drive, and local knowledge.
Products and Services
Parker’s Six Manufacturing Groups all provide products for the power generation sector:
- Motion Systems Group
- Filtration Group – Filter vessels and elements for all types of media (air, oil, water, etc.) As well as condition monitoring and remediation equipment.
- Aerospace Group – Electrohydraulic servo valves, gas turbine fuel nozzles, inlet fogging nozzles, lube oil scavenge pumps, air bleed valves, etc.
- Instrumentation Group – compression fittings and valves for tubing, regulators, transmitter manifolds, etc.
- Fluid Connectors Group – Hose, fittings, quick couplings
- Engineered Materials Group – One of the largest seal manufacturers in the world, from basic o-ring designs to turbine casing seals and fuel nozzle / combustor interface seals
- Automation Group – PLC controllers, solenoid valves
Motion Flow Control Products (MFCP) carries a broad, diverse product offering including:
- Hydraulic and Automation Components and Systems
- Engineered Products
- Lubrication and Filtration Products
- Hydraulic and Industrial Hoses and Fittings
- Instrumentation products
- MFCP has stocking locations in Alaska, California, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, North Dakota, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming
- Our staff engineers provide design and build services, and our full-service repair and fabrication facility offers timely repair of hydraulic pumps, valves, cylinders, and motors.
White papers, spec sheets, brochures
6035 Parkland Boulevard
Cleveland, Ohio 44124-4141