1. How to assess the condition of GT parts onsite
2. Preparing meaningful component repair specs
3. Selecting the appropriate vendor to refurbish parts for your turbines
4. Shops verify as-received condition of components with an ‘incoming’ inspection
5. Verification during the refurbishment process
6. Verifying final inspection
Hans van Esch (firstname.lastname@example.org, 281-291-0447) developed this series from material he presents in a three-day training course, “Metallurgical Aspects of IGT Component Refurbishment.” Van Esch has more than two decades of experience in the development of repairs and coatings for industry leaders Sulzer Elbar, Hickham, and Chromalloy. He founded Turbine End-user Services Inc, Houston, to support GT-based powerplant owners and operators with training, component and metallurgical evaluations, repair and bid specifications, third-party inspection and audits, etc.