Amman East Power Plant
Owned by AES Corp, Mitsui, and Nebras Power
Operated by AES Jordan PSC
400 MW, gas-fired with diesel-oil backup, 2 × 1 combined cycle powered by AE94.2 gas turbines, located in Al Manakher, Jordan. COD was September 2009
Plant manager: Feras Hammad
Challenge. The washing system for cleaning Amman East’s air-cooled condenser created high noise and vibration when operating—at times so severe that the discharge line would break.
Solution. These proposed solutions were investigated by plant personnel:
- Shifting the washing pump skid to the nearest adequate source.
- Changing the suction line to stainless steel and increasing its diameter.
Results. Problems solved: Cleaning performance improved, noise level reduced, repairs previously required eliminated.
Amman East’s 2023 Best Practices Submittals
- FAC encourages replacement of LP evaporator
- Admin building HVAC operational improvement
- Overhead-crane lift safer with load display
- ACC washing system changes promote safer operation, improved performance